Infertility Treatment in Delhi
Asha Ayurveda Center promotes the use of Ayurvedic treatments to correct infertility and to successfully achieve pregnancy.
“Its hard wait round for something you know might never happen but its even harder to give up when you know its everything that you want.”
Ayurveda is a medicine as well as philosophy which brings completeness to the society. Infertility or Vandhatva is not mentioned as a disease in Ayurveda. It is a condition arising as complication of various diseases or disorders in menstrual cycle and hormonal balance.
Infertility is the inability of a woman to conceive a child. This is after a year of regular sexual intercourse without the use of contraceptives. It is both a physiological and an emotional problem for the couple.
According to Maharishi Charaka, it is of three types-
- Vandhya- Absolute sterlity
- Apraja- women conceives after treatment ( Primary Infertility)
- Sapraja- Women doesn’t conceive after giving birth to one child ( Secondary Infertility)
Factors affecting conception are:
- Ritu- Age of couple and appropriate time / pattern of menstrual cycle
- Kshetra- Uterus, a healthy body contains a healthy womb.
- Ambu- Metabolic products as well as the hormones supplied to the foetus.
- Beej- Male sperm and female ovum that conjugate to give birth to a new life.
- Manasoabhitapam (Psycological Factors)
- Ahardosham( Dietary Factors)
- Vihardosham( Lifestyle )
- Balakshayam ( General Health)
Causes of Female Infertility
- Damage to fallopian tubes- Damage to the fallopian tubes (which carry the eggs from the ovaries to the uterus) can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries may lead to scar formation and fallopian tube damage.
- Hormonal causes- Some women have problems with ovulation. Synchronized hormonal changes leading to the release of an egg from the ovary and the thickening of the endometrium (lining of the uterus) in preparation for the fertilized egg do not occur
- Cervical causes- A small group of women may have a cervical condition in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)- A small group of women may have a cervical condition in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal
- Obesity- Ovulation is disturbed in obese patients due to hormonal and metabolic disorders. Losing weight around 5-10 Kg can enhance the ovulation and thus increase conception chances by 3-0-40% naturally.
- Poor egg quality- When there are chromosomal abnormalities in either sperm or ovum, conception is delayed. Also, such conceptions results to early abortions or congenitally abnormal foetus.
- Endometriosis- This condition, in which endometrial tissue (the uterine lining that sheds with each monthly period) grows outside the uterus. Endometriosis is an important factor in infertility, as it can cause tubal blockages and ovulation problems.
- Stress Factor- Depression or poor self esteem.
Causes of male infertility
Male fertility is a complex process. To get your partner pregnant, the following must occur:
- Infection- Some infections decrease sperm production, quality, motality or scarring that results in blockage in the passage of sperm.
- Ejaculation issues- when sperm enters the bladder during orgasm, it ejaculates through a retrogate way instead of getting ejaculated from tip of the penis.
- Antibodies that attack sperm- Some times, our immune system cells act as Anti-sperm antibodies and identify sperm as harmful invaders or foreign body particles and thus, attempt to eliminate them.
- Hormone imbalances- There are various underlying causes for hormonal imbalances like low male testosterone levels ect. As per Ayurveda, it is due to vikrit vata and strotavrodha.
- Defects of tubules that transport sperm- it can be due to various causes like inadvertent injury from surgery, previous infections, trauma or abnormal development.
- Problems with sexual intercourse- These include trouble in keeping or maintaining an erection sufficient for sex i.e. erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, painful intercourse, psychological or relationship problems.
- Tobacco smoking-
- Inadequate vitamin C and Zinc- in the diet.
- Tight underwear- It increases scrotal temperature which in turns results in decreased sperm production.
- Exposure to environmental hazards and toxins- Examples- lead, paint, radiations,radioactive substances, pesticides, mercury, benzene, boron and other heavy metals.
- Chronic alcohol abuse-
- Excessive stress-
Treatment of Infertility
Ayurveda uses modalities for infertity. Snehan, Nasya, Basti,Uttar Basti (For tubal blockage, PCOD) etc are the purification therapies used with oral medications for treatment of infertility.
At Asha Ayurveda, we treat both male and female infertility with a holistic approach which includes Beej Sanskaar i.e. detoxification of Sperm and Ovum with Panchakarma therapies followed by oral medication containing Garbhdharan dravyas like Ashoka, Ashwagandha, shatavari, kumari, lodhra etcand hence improve the quality of sperm as well as ovum and enhance the reproductive system for successful ovulation, fertilization and conception.
Our aim is to provide best treatment to correct Infertility,Polycystic ovaries, Ovulatory Dysfunction , Endometriosis, Tubal blocks, Oligospermia conditions with the help of specialized Ayurvedic Infertility treatments
Ayurvedic Purification methods (Detoxification)
- Basti(Vasti): 1. Basti(Vasti): Enema of medicated oil or Decoction is given through Rectum. Vitiated “Vata” can create various health problems. Basti releases obstructions in the way of Vata dosha and thus regulates the normal phenomenon of “Vata”. Different types of medicated Oils, Ghruta (ghee), milk or decoctions are used for Basti treatment. It can state miracles if administered in a proper way with appropriate medicines.Basti procedure eliminates the doshas from rectum. It balances the “Vata” Dosha. Apana Vayu is the type of “Vata Dosha”, which controls on the Shukra Dhatu (Semen) in males & Aartava (Ovum) in females. “Apan Vayu” controls the reproductive system. The procedure “Basti” regulates Apan Vayu which improves quality of Semen & Ovum.
In females oil Basti of Sahachar Taila (oil) improves quality of ovulation within normal days. In males the Basti procedure improves quality & quantity of Semen i.e. it improves total sperm count and motility of Semen.
Benefits of Basti—
Female Infertility =Irregular Menses, Dysmenorrhea, P.C.O.D. Fallopian Tubal Block.
Male Infertility = Erectile Dysfunction, Libido, Decreased Motility etc.
- Uttarbasti (Vasti): Uttara basti(Vasti) is the most effective treatment in gynaecological disorders. It helps to purification and clears the Aartava Vaha Srotas, pacifies vitiated Apana Vayu and improve follicular maturity.
- Virechan: It eliminates body toxins l