Psoriasis Ayurvedic Treatment
Ayurvedic treatment for PSORIASIS
As per conventional system of medicine, psoriasis patient suffers from scaly papules and plaques. It is an autoimmune disorder of the skin resulting in hyper proliferation of the skin. It is a chronic disease having characters like dry skin, rough red areas on the skin covered with silver scaling. It may be ranging from Pin head size to Palm sized. There are various kinds of Psoriasis found on skull, elbow, knees, hip region or in folds of body.
As per Ayurveda, Shudra Kushtha- Kitibha and Maha Kushtha – Mandal Kushtha are accepted as Psoriasis. There is a clear description of the characteristic features of both in Charak Samhita.
Etiology of Psoriasis
- Intake of viruddha ahara like fish and milk, salt and milk, carbonated drinks etc.
- Suppression of natural urges like vomiting, sleep, thirst etc.
- Excessive physical exercise in excess heat climate or just after taking meal.
- Excess intake of products life curd, fish, salty products, fermented products, maida products, jiggery, seasomme seeds etc.
- Sexual involvement in indigestion state, during daytime sleep.
- Paap karmas like hurting someone intentionally.
All the above mentioned factors are triggering factors for Psoriasis and they should be avoided during the treatment.
As per conventional system of medicine, genetic factors also play an important role in its etiology.(7- 36%)
Signs and symptoms of Psoriasis
As per Ayurveda, Kitibh is one of the variety among 11 Shudra kushtha. Doshas involved in Kitibha are- Vata and Kapha.
The clinical features are blackish brown discoloration of skin, affected skin will be rough to touch and hard.
Types of Psoriasis as per conventional system of medicine are-
- Chronic plaque psoriasis
- Guttate psoriasis
- Pastular psoriasis
- Erythrodermic psoriasis
- Nail psoriasis
- Scalp psoriasis
Ayurvedic treatment for Psoriasis-
Line of treatment in Ayurveda focuses on the doshas involved - Vata and Kapha. All the procedures and medicines which balance these doshas are indicated in the ayurvedic treatment of Psoriasis.
- In vitiation of Vata dosha- medicated ghee is prescribed.
- In Pitta dominance – bloodletting and purgation method (virechana) is used.
- In Kapha dosha predominance -(Vamana) medicated vomiting is indicated.
In Ayurveda, medicines are not required to be taken for lifetime. Proper Panchakarma treatment in Delhi is given to the patient and then medicinal treatment is prescribed in initial phase of treatment. When all the legions are healed properly, medicines are stopped and patient is advised for for Panchakarma treatment in every 6 months and to follow Pathya Ahara.
For more updates regarding Ayurveda treatment of psoriasis and to know about our successful cases; You may contact us at the best ayurvedic centre in Delhi, Aasha Ayurveda Kerala Panchakarma centre.
Our contact number is : 9811773770