Treatment for Kidney Stones
Kidney stone is also known as Urinary Lithiasis or Nephrolithiasis or Renal Calculi in Modern science. In Ayurveda, it is explained as MUTRA ASHMARI where MUTRA means Urine and Ashmari means STONE. All the toxins (AAMA) or waste minerals are excreted from the body through Kidneys via Urination. But due to imbalance of Doshas, Disgestive fire is misbalanced and Aama is generated in the body. This Aama disturbs the excretory system and crystallization of waste minerals takes place in the kidneys which is known as Renal Calculi or Kidney Stones or Urolithiasis or Nephrolithiasis.
Causes of Kidney Stone
- Unhealthy Diet specially Maida Products
- Kapha Vardhak Diet and Lifestyle like Fermented products, oily food, excessive intake of Ghee, Day time sleep etc.
- Genetic Factors
- Controlling urge of Urination for a long period
- Excess of Calcium or Minerals in the body
Symptoms of Kidney stone or Renal Calculi
- Pain in Lower Abdomen or Pelvis,
- Fainted or Rounded urine stream,
- Turbid Urine,
- Radiating Pain from flanks in front,
- Urinary Urgency,
Ayurvedic Management of Kidney Stone
Line of treatment focuses on Ashmari Bhedana and Shool Nirharana. If Stone size is greater than 8 mm then Ashmari Bhedan medicines are given.
- Detoxify the body with Panchakarma procedures to balance the Doshas.
- Drink plenty of water ( Minimum 2 litres)
- Increase intake of liquid and Semi Liquid diet
- Ayurvedic herbs like Gokshur, Varuna, Basil Leaves etc are very helpful in removing kidney stone.