It is an amazing way of teaching good values to the precious gift of god developing in the womb during pregnancy. Though, it sounds unbelievable and surprising, it is a scientifically proven fact. The meaning of word ‘Garbha’ is womb i.e. uterus and Sanskaar means
teaching good or right values. Garbhsanskaars should be performed by mother as well as father during pregnancy.
The literal meaning of Garbh sanskaar is educating the baby in the womb itself. People find it surprising at first but feel satisfied once they have their child with these sanskaars since birth. In Ayurveda, it is believed that education of real and traditional values for the baby
and parenting for the couple starts right from the time the pregnancy is confirmed in the womb with the heartbeat. This is why, elders in the family always advice to give a positive environment to the mother and a stress free lifestyle.
The literal meaning of garbh sanskar is educating the fetus in the womb. Many parents found this interesting and felt quite satisfied too. In Indian culture it is believed that education of real and traditional values and parenting starts right from the time the fetus is confirmed in the womb. This is why older members of family always advice to have positive thoughts and stress free lifestyle.
Garbhsanskar is very important. And it has been scientifically proven. Researchers have proved its relevance and importance in the growth of child in the womb for example- USG showed child clapping on a particular song that mother used to listen regularly. Baby responds to the outside stimulus and has the ability to listen since fourth month. Doctors and experts believe now that there is a significant effect of the hormonal secretions and neurotransmissions on the baby, its heartbeat and its activities like kicking that are stimulated by mother’s mental level on the unborn baby.
The Garbhasanskar program at Asha Ayurveda and infertility centre in Delhi India basically comprises of three stages -
I) Preconception (Beej sanskar)
I) Beej Sanskar –
II) Duration of Pregnancy (Garbhasanskar)
III) Post Delivery (Bal sanskar)
II) Garbha sanskar –
- Creating awareness and explaining the importance of Garbhasanskar.
- Determining Prakriti (Body constitution) of both the parents after proper examination and to get aquainted with their medical history if any.
- Beej shuddhi (Shodhan sanskar- Detoxification of Sperm & Ovum) by Panchakarma so that Ovum (Matru beej) and Sperm (Pitru beej) are in its best & purest form and devoid of any abnormalities or genetic disorders.
- Treatment for any associated ailments which can cause difficulties in conception.
- Treatment for conceiving Physically, mentally and emotionally healthy offspring. This can be achieved by Rasayan (rejuvination) ,Vajikaran (aphrodisiac) medicines and Panchkarma therapies.
- Procedures that enhance the internal environment in the womb/ Uterus like Uttar basti, Pichu dharan and Dhawankarama with ayurvedic preparations.
- Dietary guidance.
- Yoga, exercise and meditation.
- Study about probable days for conception.
Garbh means womb and Sanskaar means values. In Aasha garbh sanskaar classes, mother foetus bond is made strong. Not only mother, but also the father to be is taught to build as strong bond
with the baby before birth. Does and Don’t regarding lifestyle, dietary habbits, Yoga & Meditation, Exercises, during pregnancy are informed. This is also known as Garbhini Paricharya in Ayurveda. This phase begins from the time since pregnancy occurs till the birth of the baby.
The first three months of pregnancy are most important. Mother needs to receive all the love and care because during first trimester, the foetus is unstable inside the uterus, it needs time and nourishment to get implanted and gain the stability.
In the second trimester, the foetus attains the stability and the even growth of the baby is main focus and requirement.
In the third trimester, the complete emphasis remains on giving a golden touch to the child’s Spiritual, physical and mental development with the help of medicines and other activities, taking care of baby’s weight, preparation of the mother for labor, and most importantly post delivery care of the mother.
III) Bal Sanskar -
- Knowing your baby – Mother has a special bond with the baby physical as well as emotional known as motherese. First sound for the baby is mother’s heartbeat. So, improving this bond strength is very important.
- Solutions for common ailments- anxiety, mood swings, nausea, reduced appetite,uneasiness in early pregnancy are common problems and cramps, pedal edema, weakness, chakkar etc are found in later stage. These can be easily tackled with few changes in diet and lifestyle during pregnancy.
- Self Care- A women requires the maximum care during pregnancy. Mother to be should take sleep of 8-10 hrs, avoid heavy weights, long standings, should get body massage with medicated oil to avoid backache, cramps etc. Since, a female undergoes maximum changes(
Physical and mental ) during pregnancy, we guide them about their self care.
- Does & Donts – There are scientifically proven facts that should be followed during pregnancy. These include guidance for the pregnant woman and her family that what should be followed and what to be avoided in every trimester of pregnancy.
- Nutrition And Diet – Proper diet is very important during pregnancy for the mother to be and for the precious gift in womb. It has a great impact on health of mother during pregnancy, post delivery and on the development of the foetus.
- Exercise – Exercise in pregnancy is always recommended under proper guidance. Exercises are also devided trimester wise. Common exercises for pregnancy are deep breathing exercises, butterfly exercise etc. Yoga and Meditation helps to reduce stress, and also
prepares female for normal delivery by increasing stamina and improving breathing.
- Garbh Sanskar mecoditation technique: This technique not only educates the unborn child but also build up a strong bond between the parents and the child. It builds up a positive attitude and thinking in the parents and in turn in the unborn child.
- Role of Auto-suggestion and Music – It has been proved through research that the baby inside the womb can listen, respond and remember various sounds, including mothers voice, music etc; hence we suggest mother to be should spend some time daily with your baby and communicate withhim/ her because he/ she can understand you the best in pregnancy. Mother should listen to various kinds of music like fast, soft, instrumental etc and also should read aloud religious books, stories and thus should convey moral values &
good thoughts to the baby.
- Preparing for Child-birth or Labor – Couple is informed about the labour pains, True or false. Preparation before going to hospital, stages of labour, complications in delivery etc.
- Baby Care post delivery- It includes techniques of baby Holding, Baby Raping, bathing,breast feeding, Diaper changing, baby massage etc. Basically, It’s a complete package of knowledge for a mother to be for her baby care.
- Mother care after delivery – There are lots of hormonal changes post delivery. Thus,Mother undergoes physical and emotional changes. She needs proper care and attention. Sheshould be given proper diet including brihan dravyas and daily therapy like abhyangam with Bala Tail which helps in maintain vata and keeps her fit and active thereafter.
- Lessons for Father to Be: He should be emotional support at this new journey of life.Hormones run wild in these times. He should understand tears, moods, tensions, stress and should stay close to the wife and times just listen. He should keep the track of medicines and doctors visits. Its hos soul responsibility to visit doctor always along with his wife.
Bal sanskar is regarding introduction to your baby care. It includes information about various topics like baby holding techniques, safety measures while sleeping, breast feeding, of the baby. Techniques for management of common complaints of baby for example colic pain, gases, vomiting, etc. managing your crying baby.
- Breast Feeding - basic precautions while feeding your baby, Points to be remembered during and after feeding, importance of baby massage and bathing techniques etc.
- Vaccination schedule: is explained to the would be parents.
- Svarna Prashan Sanskaar- Importance of Svarna Prashana is explained. Its an Ayurvedic immunity booster for child which is one of 16 sanskaras. Its done in Pushya Nakshtra- an auspicious day which repeats after every 27 days. Given on this day, it gives best results.
At Asha Wellness Centre in Delhi India, A healthy Child and a healthy mother is our goal. Our team take pride in dedicating our services to enlighten the parents regarding the steps to be taken before stepping into parenthood, and also instructions regarding the "do's and don'ts" that the mother should follow during her pregnancy pertaining to her diet, behaviour and and thought management, so that the child is mentally, emotionally and physically fit. Come and join us. The successful research on foetal training is awaiting your response.